Click on the link for your Card to read the FAQ's:
Heritage Traveler Visa - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is the Heritage Traveler a credit card?
No. The Heritage Traveler is a prepaid Visa card with a fixed funded by the cardholder. You can use this card to carry your money and access it at Visa/Plus ATM or make purchases at merchants' locations. Each time the card is used, the purchase amount is deducted from the available balance.
- Where can the Heritage Traveler be used?
The Heritage Traveler can be used at over a million Visa merchants and ATMs location to make purchases and cash withdrawals.
- Who should apply for a Heritage Traveler?
Anyone. Friends, relatives, or business associates that are looking for the safest and convenient way to carry their funds.
- Is there a limit as to how much value the Heritage Traveler can have?
Yes. The minimum value the card can be purchased for is US$500. It can be funded up to US$5,000 at any one time with a maximum of US$50,000 per month.
- What are the fees to buy the Heritage Traveler?
Click here to view the Schedule of Fees.
- How is the card delivered to the cardholder?
The card is sent via a courier company at client's expense to the cardholder's home street address indicated on the application. The delivery time will vary depending on the destination.
- How is the Personal Identification Number (PIN) delivered to the cardholder?
The PIN is sent in a separate mailing via regular mail or couriered at the cardholders' request and expenses. The timeframe will vary depending on the destination and the method of delivery.
- Does the cardholder need to sign an agreement?
The Terms and Conditions, which can be viewed online, explain the use of the card. The cardholder accepts the Terms and Conditions by signing the back of the card, using the card, or receiving the card by request. Each card is distributed with a Cardholder's Terms and Conditions. For an electronic version of the Terms & Conditions please click here.
- Will the cardholder receive a monthly statement?
Given it is a prepaid card, no monthly statement is provided. However, cardholder can review their current balance online free of charge through the website. In addition, the cardholder can call the customer service numbers 501-22-37158 or 501-22-35698, in the USA and Canada 1 (888) 689-9980, collect call from other countries: 1 (954) 838-1101 to receive balance and transaction information.
- What happens if I need to return an item?
Each merchant location has its own return policies and will handle the returns in the same manner as any other Visa transactions.
- What if the purchase is denied?
There could be several reasons why this may happen:
- The card available balance may be insufficient to cover the transaction amount. In this case, you can contact the bank or visit the website to confirm your balance and proceed to make a payment for future use.
- Some merchants, for example, restaurants, mail order companies and cruise lines, require the card to have an available balance greater than the purchase amount to ensure sufficient funds for tips or incidental expenses.
- The merchant may require a physical imprint of the card and since this is a Visa Electron card this is not possible to get an embossed imprint.
- Merchant may not accept Visa Electron card as a method of payment.
- How can I reload my Heritage Traveler?
The Heritage Traveler can be reloaded only by contacting and submitting payment directly to the Bank. For more information on this, contact us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What are the different methods of payment?
The Heritage Traveler can be funded via bankers' draft, wire transfers and a direct debit from a demand deposit account held at Heritage. All check payments will be placed on a 15 business days hold prior to the funds being available on your Heritage Traveler.
- What happens if my Heritage Traveler is lost or stolen?
To report your card as lost or stolen, call the Bank: 501-22-37158 or 501-22-35698
A replacement card will be issued within three to four business days and the available balance will be transferred to the new card. The card must be reported immediately in order for the cardholder not to be responsible for any unauthorized transactions.
MasterCard Prepaid - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Where can I use a MasterCard prepaid card?
Wherever MasterCard cards are accepted - shops, Internet, ATM - globally.
- What are the fees of having and using a card?
Some of the common fees and charges are:
Activation fee - a one time fee to log your card in the electronic system
Loading fee - payable each time you add more funds on the card
Monthly fee - entitles you to customer service and online access for transaction monitoring
ATM Transaction - deducted each time you use an ATM
Inactive fee - payable when card is not used for 3 consecutive months
- Can I use prepaid card to withdraw money from an ATM?
Yes. You can withdraw money with your card from any ATM worldwide where MasterCard cards are accepted. This process will require you to enter your PIN.
- Can I use the prepaid card abroad?
Yes. Your card can be used anywhere in the world that accepts MasterCard.
- Can I use prepaid card to shop on-line?
Yes. Cards can be used online, in shops, over the phone, and by mail orders.
- What makes prepaid card safe?
Because, you must enter your confidentially kept PIN to do ATM withdrawals and some purchases. If card is lost or stolen you can immediately block it from further use. You may block card yourself via this site or contact us for assistance.
- What happens if my card gets lost or stolen?
If your card is lost or stolen, you should take immediate action to have your account frozen from further use. You may either suspend the card yourself via this same web site or you should report it to us so we can suspend the card from further use. You are entitled to any money remaining on the suspended card.
- How do I get remaining funds on a lost or stolen card?
Lost or stolen cards are immediately blocked when you inform us of your card being lost or stolen. You may request a new card and PIN on which we will transfer any money remaining on the lost or stolen card. Transfer of funds is done at no cost and you are only responsible to pay for the card replacement.
- How do I load money onto my card?
Cards are only loaded at the Bank. As such, you will need to contact the Bank, directly or through your representative, to have your card loaded.
- Is there a limit to how much money I can put on my card?
Yes. Limits vary according to purpose of card. You may verify your limit with the Bank or your representative from whom you received the card.
- Can I see a history of how I have used my card?
Yes. The Bank provides this service at no additional cost to cardholders via this same site. Just go to the "My Account" page and choose Transaction History.
- Will cardholder receive monthly statements?
No. Cardholders may view their transactions and statements by going to the "My Account" page of this same web site.
- How many cards can I have?
The Bank generally limits one card per person.
- Does the cardholder need to sign an Agreement governing prepaid card service?
No direct signing occurs. However, cardholders accept the Terms and Conditions when they request for their cards to be activated and loaded.
- What are the Terms & Conditions for a prepaid account?
Terms and Conditions outline the manner in which a prepaid account is obtained and operated. A copy of the Terms & Conditions should be provided when you purchase a card. You should read and understand the Terms & Conditions and retain a copy for referral purpose. If you do not have a copy, contact the Bank or the person from which you acquired the card. For an electronic version of the Terms & Conditions please click here.